Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Intro: Writer's Block













Viva La Revolucion!
Wilkommen! This is my blog. In this blog I will have a whole muck of gobbly goo, happenings in Detroit and a very special commentary from citizen Kwame Kilpatrick aka Kwamdog. Also I will be using this blog as a way for my listeners to see my on-air playlists. I am djing on either Friday or Saturday nights from 2 a.m. - 5 a.m. (EST) on HD2 on WDET 101.9FM. I will post a link to my show and if you have HD radio, I will also post the frequency. The show is called Psychotic Mood Swings (PMS) and on hour one will be straight techno (808 State, Orbital, Sven Vath, etc), hour two will be chill out/trip hop (Massive Attack, Zero 7, UNKLE, etc) and finally hour three will be complete ambient/IDM (Aphex Twin, Ulrich Schnauss, Boards of Canada, etc). So please tune in, shoot me requests and check out the music as I post my playlists on here. Cheers.




Song/Video of the day







Amazing intro by Daedelus!









Tuesdays at the Bosco

Tonight is Tuesday, which means Passport at the Bosco in Ferndale. This is good time. We try to make it every Tuesday night because drinks are cheap, the music is good and the vibe is fantastic. Brian Gillespie shows why he is a walking music encyclopedia, as he plays a very ecletic range of music. This is a do not miss. If you can't make it tonight, show some support for DJ Frankie Bank$ as he makes his debut at the Bosco this Friday.




Music for the week of 11-11 - 11-17

11-11 Make-a-wish playlist (Not on air, just a filler before my show for your listening pleasure, just click on the song)

1. Post modern sleaze - Sneaker Pimps


2. Magic spells - Crystal Castles


3. Walking on a dream (Neon Neon remix) - Empire of the Sun


4. Thrillin' - Japanese TV


5. Burning up - Ladytron


6. Ghosts - UNKLE


7. Sitting - M83


8. Believe in it - Michna


9. Golden age - TV on the Radio


10. Here to stay - New Order


11. We who are not as others - 4Hero


12. Glad to be unhappy (DJ Logic remix) - Billie Holiday (sorry, this track is impossible to find!)


13. In a silent way (DJ Cam remix) - Miles Davis


14. Easy love - MSTRKRFT


15. Hearts on fire - Cut Copy


16. Rotorblade - Sounds From the Ground


17. Private road - Bent


18. Telephasic workshop - Boards of Canada


19. Ribbons - Four Tet


20. CCTV - Monolake


21. In prison my whole life- 100 Suns (Massive Attack) vs. Snoop Dogg


22. History - Jay-Z

No comments: